Tuesday, May 3, 2022 - In San Diego

My air mattress deflated completely overnight. I aired it up at 4:30 (fortunately, it has a quick electric pump) but at 6am, I got up.

Amy's air mattress also deflated - not a good night for sleeping on air mattresses.

I went over to the 7-11 to get coffee for Nana and me as Amy only has an expresso machine.

The foundation guys, Domingo, Rodrigo and Fahway arrived around 7am. Penny was very excited with all the noise.

Brendon from John Padilla plumbing came over around 9 to talk about installing the tankless hot water heater and what was needed to do the cast iron replacement. Assuming I get it installed, the hot water heater will have the gas connected next Monday. The foundation work in the crawlspace should be done on Tuesday so the cast iron replacement will start on Wednesday.

Nana and I walked by Anna's house but didn't go in as she was working with clients. We walked up Cherokee Ave to the Rite Aid and Vons, then to the ice cream shop that was closed on Monday and Tuesday - this is the second time I've gone there when it was closed. We shared a turkey and avocado at Dos Palmas which was very good and too much for one person.

When we got back, I discovered that the plug on my air mattress was not perfectly closed. I closed it, aired it up and it seems to be holding the air better.

When I went to clean out the cast iron plumbing, I discovered that the foundation guys had been digging up the dirt for the footings and tossing it just were the cast iron was. I used the hoe to pull out the dirt and tossed it on the growing pile. I also dug part of the trench for the new line to the sewer.

We went over to Anna's around 3 and got quite a greeting from Bella and Farrah, but Bella was not very inviting to Nana, growling and barking. Eventually Bella calmed down. Nana enjoyed seeing Anna's house before Anna had to go back to work.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday, May 2, 2022 - Woodstock to San Diego

Sunday, May 8 - San Diego