Monday, May 9 - in San Diego

The foundation guys arrived around 7 and started chiseling the foundation. 

I joined the church stewardship meeting remotely at 8 but after about half an hour had to quit with all the noise outside. 

Amy left for work around 8:30, taking Penny to daycare so she wouldn't be so excited about all the noise under the house.

Around 9, the plumbers arrived. It only took them about 20 minutes to run the gas pipe over near the hot water heater. Brandon thought this was the extent of the job - I asked him to complete the connection which took them about 1.5 hours - it would have been a challenge for me to do this.


I started organizing the copper pipe and fittings for the hw heater water supply and hot water in to the house.

At 3, I took Nana to the San Diego Depot for her trip to NY. I was able to bring her in to the ticket counter where she tried to check her suitcase to Rhinecliff but couldn't because Rhinecliff does not have a baggage service. So she checked it just to Chicago - at least she doesn't have to carry it between the train and the bus in Santa Barbara and the bus and train in Emeryville. It is a 4-day trip, arriving at 4:55 on Friday. Nana later e-mailed that all was good on her first leg of the trip, having wine and snacks in the business class car.

On the way back. I stopped to get more supplies at Home Depot. From there I stopped at Anna's house to get the extension cords the foundation guys left last year. Bella and Farrah were so excited to see me, Bella whimpering and Farrah jumping up in my arms.

Amy had a date and didn't get back until 7:30. She made pierogies for dinner.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Monday, May 2, 2022 - Woodstock to San Diego

Tuesday, May 3, 2022 - In San Diego

Sunday, May 8 - San Diego